Monday, April 29, 2013

SP&Company Trends #8 Challenge



The Trends challenge this time is to use inks. I figured there was no better time than to break out my new wonderful chalk inks from SP&Company!! I LOVE chalk inks and these are no exception. They are wonderful to work with and I LOVE how the ink pad is raised so I can use it to ink around the edges of my papers and images to place on my cards. I used the new Teddy Bear Hugs stamp that Gill Roberts created for SP&Company and what a fun image it was to color in.

I created the fun background using an ink dauber and all the shades of SP&Company inks that I own. The Ocean Waves, Sandcastle and Flamingo Pink. I love the colorful background that it created. I then took some paterned paper and cut out banners which I made easily using my square squeeze punch. A couple of the papers were ones that I was lucky enough to win from blog candy on SP&Company. I colored the stamped image using my Copic markers and then I decided that I wanted to use my SP&Company inks more so I put some Sandcastle and Flamingo pink on an arylic block and then I used my blending stumps to pick up the ink and color in the teddy bear using dotting techniques so it gave it some texture. I also did the pink for the inside of the ears and paws on the bear. I colored in the little girls pants using the same method.



I add some Colorbok accents in the lower right hand corner. I used the Big Build a Banner Set #2 from SP&Company to make a circle embellishment for the top left hand corner of the card. I stamped out the circle using Black Menmento ink and then used the Ocean Waves chalk ink to stamp out the "Love" portion of a stamp from the Mini Card Creations 1 set from SP&Company. I then used my circle punch to punch out the stamped image. I punched out a scalloped circle using my squeeze punch and then adhered the stamped circle on top of it using pop dots. I then added a rhinestone embellishment from Recollections to the lower left hand corner of the card to finish it off. Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! Thanks so much for playing along. You rocked those inks!!

    ReplyDelete