The SP Trends challenge this week is banners and flags. This is a very appropriate challenge considering that SP&Company has came out with two GREAT new stamps sets and even matching dies that are banners. I used the March kit club set Big Build a Banner 1 set to make a stamped banner across my card. It was so easy and wonderful to stamp the stamp set on the plain side of the Bundle of Joy Echo Park patterned paper and then using the matching dies and my Cuttlebug machine I was able to cut them out perfectly. It really saves you time using the dies instead of scissors to cut out your stamped images. I used a white A2 size cardstock for the base. I then cut a 2 inch strip of the green Bundle of Joy Echo park patterned paper and placed in on the bottom of my card. I used the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Happy Banners SP & Company stamp set. I then cut a 3 X 3 square and rounded the top two corners of it and placed it behind the green strip on the left hand side of my card. When I got my banners all stamped and cut out I glued them on top of the brown polka dot paper that was also from the Bundle of Joy Echo Park paper pad. I chose to use a couple of the new wonderful In Color buttons that came with my March kit club. I thought they were a perfect addition to the card and banner. Thanks for looking.
Monday, April 15, 2013
SP Trends Challenge #7
The SP Trends challenge this week is banners and flags. This is a very appropriate challenge considering that SP&Company has came out with two GREAT new stamps sets and even matching dies that are banners. I used the March kit club set Big Build a Banner 1 set to make a stamped banner across my card. It was so easy and wonderful to stamp the stamp set on the plain side of the Bundle of Joy Echo Park patterned paper and then using the matching dies and my Cuttlebug machine I was able to cut them out perfectly. It really saves you time using the dies instead of scissors to cut out your stamped images. I used a white A2 size cardstock for the base. I then cut a 2 inch strip of the green Bundle of Joy Echo park patterned paper and placed in on the bottom of my card. I used the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Happy Banners SP & Company stamp set. I then cut a 3 X 3 square and rounded the top two corners of it and placed it behind the green strip on the left hand side of my card. When I got my banners all stamped and cut out I glued them on top of the brown polka dot paper that was also from the Bundle of Joy Echo Park paper pad. I chose to use a couple of the new wonderful In Color buttons that came with my March kit club. I thought they were a perfect addition to the card and banner. Thanks for looking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love that you put the name in the banner! What a great idea!!!
ReplyDelete