The trends challenge this month is to use our dies and punches. I do love using my dies but sometimes forget about the punches. I loved this challenge. I chose a white 5 X 7 cardstock base. I added a piece of the patterned paper from Echo Park "A perfect Summer" which was the April kit of the month.
I then took a chipboard die cut piece that was given to me a RAK and is a Tim Holtz die. I took the hanger part and use some water on my non-stick craft mat along with some blue colored perfect pearls and I made a paint that I used to cover the chipboard piece. I love how it made it look metallic and gave it dimension. I then took my twine that I had gotten in a previous monthly kit from SP&Company and used it to attached the hanging sign part. I used my new pink Tim Holtz distress paint to paint the hanging part. I then used my new nesting heart dies from SP&Company to cut out some patterned paper from the same paper pack. I adhered them to the sign and then stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Happy Banners SP&Company stamp set. Thanks for looking.
How adorable! What a great use of die! I love your sweet card! I may have to try that technique! Thank you so much for joining us for our SP Challenge! Love your wonderful card. Come back again!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Marie