I created a card for a friend's baby shower that will be held next weekend. I got my inspriation from the Fiskars sketch of the month. I am a Fiskateer and enjoy finding inspiration there. I cut out a circle from some Little Yellow Bicycle patterned paper. The image is from a very old Reader's Digest magazine that I torn and then distressed using Tim Holtz weathered wood distress ink. I found some hemp like cording at a garage sale last weekend so that is what I used to string around the card and the small boat was something that I got in a bag of buttons that I also found at a garage sale. I stamped the sentiment using a Stamps of Life set.
Today I worked on another wedding thank you card to add to a set that I will give a friend of mine who is getting married this summer. I used Basic Grey patterned paper, 2 flowers from iamroses.com that I sprayed with Juneberry wine and Olive Vine glimmer mist and I placed a K&Company bling in the center of the flower. The cake stamped image is from the March Stamps of Life stamp set. I used the frame from an early Stamps of Life set. The lace is some vintage seam binding that I found at my local Goodwill store. I used a Fiskars punch to punch out a scalloped circle which I inked with Tim Holtz distress ink in Dusty Concord.
Marla, what a beautiful blog full of inspiration!
ReplyDelete