I have enjoyed creating with the digital images from here. There are a lot of woman with great talent in creating wonderful images for us to use. I am taking an online class from Jennifer McGuire called Inspiration Showcase. She is helping us to create a canvas and sharing amazing techniques with us. One of the techniques she shared was to take a color of Distress ink and put it all over a piece of cardstock using the direct to paper technique. You then take a background stamp and spray with water and place the distressed cardstock on top of the wet stamp. It creates this really cool background like in this card. I used another technique on the woodgrain for the table top. It is using glossy paper that you dry emboss and then put distress ink over the top of it. I colored the image with Copic markers.
Monday, September 19, 2011
CDC Progressive Challenge
I have enjoyed creating with the digital images from here. There are a lot of woman with great talent in creating wonderful images for us to use. I am taking an online class from Jennifer McGuire called Inspiration Showcase. She is helping us to create a canvas and sharing amazing techniques with us. One of the techniques she shared was to take a color of Distress ink and put it all over a piece of cardstock using the direct to paper technique. You then take a background stamp and spray with water and place the distressed cardstock on top of the wet stamp. It creates this really cool background like in this card. I used another technique on the woodgrain for the table top. It is using glossy paper that you dry emboss and then put distress ink over the top of it. I colored the image with Copic markers.
Labels:
digital images
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Marla! Love your background, really makes these apples just pop off the page! Beautiful work!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE
donna
cdacpc/DT
Please email me within 24 hours with your full name, address, and phone number. If I don't hear from you, I will select a new CDAC ScrapMaBob winner. Thanks!
ReplyDelete