I recently ordered my very first paper pad from Authentique paper. I found that they have a blog and do a layout and card sketch so I decided to make a card for the challenge. You can find the challenge here. I really love this sketch and will add it to my composition book filled with lots of different card sketches. The paper pack that I used for this sketch was the Uncommon paper line. I used 3 different pieces of the patterned papers. The image in the center was cut out using my new Spellbinders Label 23 dies. I used a heart from a stamp set that I have had for quite awhile. I embossed it in white embossing powder on the newsprint paper from the Uncommon Authentique stack and then blended in some Worn Lipstick distress ink so the heart would really stand out. I add some seam binding that I dyed using my Lindy Stamp Gang Starburst Color Shot in the Alpine Ice Rose color. I added a vintage button from my stash. The flat back pearls are one that I got from Karlas001's etsy store. The sentiment cames from the Utlimate Sentiments II stamp set from SP &Company. Thanks for looking.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Another sketch challenge card
I recently ordered my very first paper pad from Authentique paper. I found that they have a blog and do a layout and card sketch so I decided to make a card for the challenge. You can find the challenge here. I really love this sketch and will add it to my composition book filled with lots of different card sketches. The paper pack that I used for this sketch was the Uncommon paper line. I used 3 different pieces of the patterned papers. The image in the center was cut out using my new Spellbinders Label 23 dies. I used a heart from a stamp set that I have had for quite awhile. I embossed it in white embossing powder on the newsprint paper from the Uncommon Authentique stack and then blended in some Worn Lipstick distress ink so the heart would really stand out. I add some seam binding that I dyed using my Lindy Stamp Gang Starburst Color Shot in the Alpine Ice Rose color. I added a vintage button from my stash. The flat back pearls are one that I got from Karlas001's etsy store. The sentiment cames from the Utlimate Sentiments II stamp set from SP &Company. Thanks for looking.
Labels:
Authentique,
SP and Co
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very cute card! so glad to have you playing along with the Authentique sketch!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card and colours. Authentique papers are lovely
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, and that ribbon is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteThis is so pretty Marla! I love how you did the matting and used the ribbon!
ReplyDeletesuper cute. love the heart addition. thanks for playing along.
ReplyDelete-Misty
Authentique Paper DT