Friday, February 15, 2013

A February Challenge



I discovered a great blog that has fun digital images and challenges to go along with it. The freebie offered this month was an adorable Sewing Jar. I love hearts so this was such a cute image to have. I had so much fun coloring it with my Copic markers and I even added a piece of real lace trim that I got from craftsupplies1 on etsy.com to the design where it looked like a scallop trim.

I took a white A2 size card base and added a piece of cardstock from the Echo Park "Scoot" collection to the front of the card just a 1/4" smaller than the card front. I adhered the Sewing jar image onto my card on the right hand side with pop dots for added dimension. I added a strip of vintage seam binding in green onto the bottom of my card and then added two lace trims from Craftsupplies1 on Etsy on top of that. I added 2 beautiful purple flowers and a green flower that I distressed with my Peeled Paint distress ink onto the left hand bottom corner of my card. The flowers and the wheat spray that I added came from Craftsupplies1 on Esty. I used a sewing stamp set that I got with my monthly Cardmaker magazine to stamp out the little thread card and then I wrapped some twine from my stash around it. I used the sentiment from the same sewing stamp set. Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! Love the real lace you added. Great idea!:) Thank you for joining in this month's challenge at Birdie Brown.

    Birdie Brown ~Torico

    ReplyDelete