I decided to create a treat bag out of an envelope like a lot of the ladies on Youtube are doing. You take your envelope and any size will work for this. You put it on the score board and score up one inch or 3/4 of an inch from the bottom of the envelope. You score it on both sides of the envelope and then you fold on the score line to crease it. It is much easier I have discovered to glue the patterned paper on before you fold up the bottom of the envelope. I chose to use Kirby Teasdale patterned paper from Paper Studio on this envelope. I chose a beautiful design for the front that didn't need much embellishing and another gorgeous flower and butterfly design for the back of the envelope. I glued those on. Once the papers were glued down to the envelope then you fold up the bottom my fold both of the score lines on either side of the envelope and then at each of the sides you make a triangle shape and hot glue that to the bottom to form a nice solid base for your envelope to become a treat bag. I chose the wonderful pearl trim from Aarti's One Little Dreamer Zibbet shop to go along the triangle edge of the envelope and the inside back. You just stick the flap of the envelope inside and seal it shut.
I chose the beautiful pink floral trim from One Little Dreamer shop to go along the top edge of the papers since they didn't quite go all the way to the top of the envelope. This was the perfect addition to this cute treat bag. I also put some pink small roses from my stash in the upper right and left hand corners of the treat bag. On the right hand side I also used a small piece of the wonderful leaf and rhinestone trim that One Little Dreamer shop sells as well. These treat bags are wonderful gifts for friends. I hope you enjoyed seeing this project and will try to make one for yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment