Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Scrap It Girl October Challenge
I enjoy scrapbooking but seem to be a year behind in photos right now. I love a good challenge which helps me complete my pages. I enjoy finding them online and here is a great place to find a wonderful monthly challenge. This month the challenge was to use 12 buttons. I do LOVE buttons and have a wonderful stash of them that I seem to hoard and use occasionally so this was a perfect challenge. I looked through my photos that need to be made into layouts and found just the one that I thought would work with some buttons.
I chose a light blue cardstock (12 X 12) from my stash to compliment the blue in the photo. I had a beautiful piece of patterned paper from Websters Pages that had some wonderful clocks on it and script writing. I chose to fussy cut the clocks out and paste them in the upper left corner. I placed a green button in the center of one of the clocks. I used the script part of the paper (7 1/2 X 6 3/4) as a backdrop for my photo that I matted on brown cardstock (6 1/4 X 4 5/8). I also used a piece of DCWV "Linen Closet" stack to punch borders using my Martha Stewart Scroll Heart punch and EK Success scroll and hearts punch and then I adhered them underneath the script paper.
I took a piece of eyelet trim that I bought from Craigslist last year and I sprayed it with my Lindy Stamp Gang Starburst Stains in Creme Brulee Cream and Dark Chocolate Truffle. I then adhered the eyelet with hot glue to the bottom of my page as a border. I added some brown and aqua trim that I bought at Hobby Lobby. I also adhered 5 aqua buttons to the trim using my hot glue gun. I used some aqua and pink paper flowers from my stash with buttons (3) in the center and placed them in the lower left corner. The gold fan that I placed by the flowers is actually a button. I added an American Crafts tag with a button covering up the hole. I added a couple of white and cream flowers and placed a vintage button in the center of the cream flower which I added underneath the tag.
I used a ClubScrap Alphabet stamp set that I found at my local Goodwill store and stamped it out to spell the title "Family" using my Tim Holtz distress ink in Peacock Feathers. Thanks for looking.
Labels:
DCWV,
Lindy Stamp Gang,
tim holtz,
Webster Pages
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a gorgeous lo, Marla.....absolutely stuning.
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful page , I love it, it all goes together so perfectly. Thanks for playing along with Scrap It Girl.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful page! Thanks for playing along with Scrap It Girl!
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! I love how you incorporated all of the buttons, without them being the focal point! Thanks for joining us at Scrap It Girl!
ReplyDelete