I decided to create a card using a cute digital image from here. The sentiment that I stamped was from my monthly SP&Company stamp kit and it is called "Sympathy and Care". I thought it went perfectly with this image. I decided to emboss the sentiment because there is a challenge going on here which calls for embossing. I like how it makes the sentiment stand out on my card. I used some Mustard Seed distress ink to ink around the edges of the digital image. I cut around the digital image using a Spellbinders labels die. I colored in the image with my Copic markers. I used some yellow ribbon from my stash to tie around the card behind the image. The patterned papers I used were from the Echo Park -"This and That"-Charming collection from my monthly SP&Company kit. I used some clouds that I punched out of a paper scrap using my Fiskars cloud squeeze punch. Thanks for looking.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Challenge card
I decided to create a card using a cute digital image from here. The sentiment that I stamped was from my monthly SP&Company stamp kit and it is called "Sympathy and Care". I thought it went perfectly with this image. I decided to emboss the sentiment because there is a challenge going on here which calls for embossing. I like how it makes the sentiment stand out on my card. I used some Mustard Seed distress ink to ink around the edges of the digital image. I cut around the digital image using a Spellbinders labels die. I colored in the image with my Copic markers. I used some yellow ribbon from my stash to tie around the card behind the image. The patterned papers I used were from the Echo Park -"This and That"-Charming collection from my monthly SP&Company kit. I used some clouds that I punched out of a paper scrap using my Fiskars cloud squeeze punch. Thanks for looking.
Labels:
Echo Park,
SP and Co,
spellbinders,
tim holtz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is adorable and what a great sentiment for the image AND challenge. Perfect! Love the distressed edges. Thank you for joining us at Digi Darla's "Think Spring" challenge and good luck!!
ReplyDeleteKaren
Digi Darla DT
Awesome Job I love the colors, Timmy is so cute!!!! Thanks for joining us at DigiDarla's "Think Spring" Good Luck!!!!
ReplyDeleteLisaO-DDDT
Great embossing! I've only tried heat embossing 1x and it didn't look very good. Maybe I should revisit...I do love how it looks. Love the yellow papers and the image is great.
ReplyDeleteBe blessed, Beckie
Very cute! Such a happy little guy on such a rainy day! Thanks for Stamping with Sami this week!
ReplyDeleteHey Marla!! Congrats! You were featured at Digi Darla's this wknd!!
ReplyDeleteGreat job with the embossed sentiment and thanks for joining SWS this week:)
ReplyDelete