I recently discovered a fun blog called "Use It Tuesday" where they pose a challenge of some kind and you need to use the things that we all tend to hoard. The theme was "Baby" for this week and so I decided to join in and create a card that I can use because I have a friend who has 3 little boys and is now expecting a girl. I used some Coredinations cardstock as the base. I then glued down a piece of velum paper that I had been hoarding from the K&Company Handmade speciality paper packs. I used my Spellbinders pinking circle dies and cut them out with white cardstock and then I used some of my twine that I had purchased off Etsy for the large brown one. The pink twine is some that I received from my monthly SP&Company kits that is sold in their store. I then added a Tim Holtz idealogy flower button to the brown circle and heart buttons from my stash for the pink circles. I had been hoarding this Tim Holtz button because it is just so pretty but Simon Says stamp & show blog is having an ideaology challenge this week so I figured I might as well use it on this card. The sentiment was from my SP&Company set called "Ultimate Sentiment II" set and was stamped with Colorbox razzberry ink.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Challenge Card
I recently discovered a fun blog called "Use It Tuesday" where they pose a challenge of some kind and you need to use the things that we all tend to hoard. The theme was "Baby" for this week and so I decided to join in and create a card that I can use because I have a friend who has 3 little boys and is now expecting a girl. I used some Coredinations cardstock as the base. I then glued down a piece of velum paper that I had been hoarding from the K&Company Handmade speciality paper packs. I used my Spellbinders pinking circle dies and cut them out with white cardstock and then I used some of my twine that I had purchased off Etsy for the large brown one. The pink twine is some that I received from my monthly SP&Company kits that is sold in their store. I then added a Tim Holtz idealogy flower button to the brown circle and heart buttons from my stash for the pink circles. I had been hoarding this Tim Holtz button because it is just so pretty but Simon Says stamp & show blog is having an ideaology challenge this week so I figured I might as well use it on this card. The sentiment was from my SP&Company set called "Ultimate Sentiment II" set and was stamped with Colorbox razzberry ink.
Labels:
SP and Co,
spellbinders,
tim holtz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Marla! I love your Baby card. It's so sweet! I love the way your wrapped the twine inside of your Spellbinders pinking circle dies! That looks REALLY COOL! Topping them off with Tim Holtz' buttons is PERFECT! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy
ReplyDeleteOMW....I just love what you did with the wrapped twine....what a LOVELY CARD!!
ReplyDeleteThanks BUNCHES for playing along with this weeks challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!
Beautiful card.....thanks so much for playing with us at Use It Tuesday!
ReplyDeletehugz
irini
Wonderful card. Thanks for playing with your hoarded supplies in Use It Tuesday!
ReplyDelete